Our client is a global leader in the construction materials and solutions space. Employing around 80,000 people in more than 80 countries, they offer their clients the most innovative product solutions, whilst maintaining a firm commitment to health, safety and sustainability. Regionally the business employs close to 3000 people across 300 sites in Australia and in New Zealand 150 people across 12 sites.
The Manager of Public Affairs & Brand is a business-critical role requiring an accomplished PR & Brand Communications professional who can
- Lead the external communications, public affairs and brand function for ANZ, liaising with global teams and localising when required
- Manage strategic communications across all channels, media relations and crisis management, policy creation and support community /government engagement
- Support CEO and EGMs with strategic communications and messaging, develop executive profiles and vision as a collective
- Own Media Relations management, including monitoring, media strategy and planning, reporting, creation of press releases and responses, acting as the designated company spokesperson
- Develop and deliver a communication strategy for high profile business plans, projects for example - acquisitions, divestments, operation closures, strategic business changes, and crisis communications.
To be successful in this role, you will have operated in a Pubic Affairs or Communications role that has been high profile within the business, navigating and managing complex relationships with executive stakeholders both locally and off shore. Ideally you will have spent some time in the construction industry or industrial product industry and will have an interest as well as hands on experience dealing with CSR strategies and sustainability initiatives. You will be comfortable operating as part of a lean team structure, and will be able to manage a number of competing priorities. Your communication skills both verbal and written will be among your key strengths as will your ability to build relationships across an organisation, both at head office level through to blue collar workers.
What's on offer
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a business with a strong culture and an extremely solid track record of success; but also, where sustainability and the environment are at the heart of everything they do. A competitive remuneration package is on offer for the right individual.