About the job
Sonos is on a journey to become the world's leading sound experience company. Their mission is to inspire listeners everywhere. They do this by creating premium products and experiences that are easy to use, sound great and work together as a system.
As part of the Sonos team, you'll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets and backgrounds, to realize their vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
As Manager, Retail Experience, APAC you are responsible for developing and executing joint-marketing programs, product launches, seasonal promotions and in store display demonstrations that deliver on the Sonos brand experience within leading consumer electronics retailers across the APAC region, with a primary focus (75% of role) on the ANZ market. Success will require collaboration, negotiations, and gaining buy-in and alignment across multiple functions including across the product, brand, marketing, commercial, finance and operations teams.
You will be working across multiple programs simultaneously and capably managing priorities. Key to your success will be your ability to champion the Sonos consumer and be an evangelist for our brand, ensuring consistency and quality across both display experiences and retail marketing campaigns whilst simultaneously driving strong business outcomes.
About the Role
- Lead implementation of in store display and physical retail marketing communications strategy across APAC (focus on ANZ)
- Work in lockstep with Sales and Commercial leads to drive demand and aggressively grow Sonos market share and user base through new household acquisition
- Effectively prioritize competing time and resource demands and successfully navigate the tension between delivering on commercial objectives
- Evangelize the Sonos brand at all times, ensuring that the Sonos Brand Strategy underpins all of your decision making and execution. Educate and inspire internal stakeholders.
- Consumer at heart of every decision on their path to purchase
- Support the development and evolution of the partner retail experience in line with global guidance, nuanced to market and audience
- Develop excellent working relationships with counterparts at partner retail brands; proactively identify opportunities to drive win outcomes for Sonos through effective negotiation and collaboration capabilities
- Work with internal and external creative and production partners to develop and deploy assets needed for execution at retail (including retail, campaign assets, seasonal display and PoS)
- Manage opex, capex and shared MDF budgets; show strong financial investment and budgeting acumen
- Ensure consistency and quality across all regional retail marketing programs
- Provide strategic guidance and counsel on Retail Experience campaigns and strategies to distributors and colleagues within APAC Growth Markets
- Proactively solve day-to-day problems and exercise good judgment, including the determination of when to escalate issues and when to take initiative and make decisions
- Manage top level relationships with external suppliers ensure they are accountable to meeting deliverables and deadlines
- KPI tracking and reporting
- Where required, ongoing management, mentorship and direction of contractors, vendors and junior team members in a matrixed environment
Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience within retail communications, consumer marketing (FMCG), or retail marketing strategy - ideally within a consumer electronics, premium brand or product environment
- Comfort in ambiguity and a willingness to be entrepreneurial in your thinking - big picture and attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills -- in person and in writing, your knowledge, expertise, creativity & agility inspire the confidence & followership of diverse audiences, including senior leadership
This is a professional, performance driven culture built around values of collaboration, passion, integrity, and pride. You will be surrounded by a team of equally curious, intelligent individuals who are focused on delivering the best for the organisation and their customers. At all times it is important to be a shining example of the Sonos behaviors and values:
Get in touch
If this role sounds of interest, please make contact directly with Maya Wettenhall 8613 3510 or submit your application directly via sixdegreesexecutive.com.au
Six Degrees is exclusively engaged to support Sonos on the recruitment of this role. Any CV's submit directly to Sonos will be passed onto the team at Six Degrees to review.