About the company
Our client, who is a global packaging leader trusted by major multinational clients. These clients are highly successful and very well recognised brands across the globe. Due to an ever changing push to a more environmental friendly and sustainable way of Manufacturing they have an exciting Manager - Sustainability position available to join their team in Northern Sydney.
About the role
Being based at a major client's headquarters and reporting to the Global Director of Sustainability you will be fully responsible for leading the development, planning and implementation of the environmental and sustainability strategy aligned with corporate objectives. This will be a mixture of existing and newly created (created by you) strategies to ensure that all relevant customers and suppliers comply.
- Using your sustainability expertise to develop and implement world-leading environmentally-conscious packaging solutions
- Providing technology expertise to customers and suppliers with specific reference to sustainability
- Driving improvements in sustainability performance
- All of the Environmental and Sustainability matters associated with acting as the principal representative.
- Providing advice, regulatory consulting and liaison as required.
- Being accountable for the development of both the Environmental Management and the Sustainability Management plans and providing the necessary training and induction for the team
- Being responsible for all environmental compliance matters associated with the client activities
Skills & Experience:
- 5 + years of proven experience in FMCG, Pharmaceutical or Packaging
- Bachelor's degree (Masters preferred) in a Scientific and/or Sustainability or similar field
- Leadership skills including high emotional intelligence, a collaborative leadership style and experience effectively managing staff from diverse professional backgrounds
- Specialist knowledge and skills to deliver high quality projects in one or more of: strategic and business planning, organisational change and reform, social sustainability
- A strategy brain - excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills - strong verbal communicator with experience presenting and facilitating
- Skills and interest to develop great relationships with clients and grow the business
- Excellent project management skills, including experience delivering quality projects on time and budget
This business is currently investing in the new guard of future leaders, thus there is significant opportunity to set your career up via training and development.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Steven McIntyre on (02) 8024 7148 for a confidential discussion quoting reference number SMc 17179