- Transformational leadership role, B2B / B2C, emerging channels
- Prestigious global brand, category leader in office supplies
About the company
Our client is a global office supplies organisation and a premium market & category leader in their own right. Home to high profile and well-loved brands within the lifestyle sector. With the evolution of retail stores and online success, they are leading a step change in their B2B and B2C omni-channel direction and currently looking to recruit a Managing Director to lead their Australian HQ.
About the role
Reporting to the Global CEO and part of the global leadership team, this critical leadership role will be responsible for delivering sales & profit growth, transforming the business form a traditional office supples company into a leading lifestyle consumer goods business whilst growing the core corporate market through emerging channels & product innovation.
With full P&L responsibility and leading a small team of 15 across sales, marketing, finance & operations, you will bring strong business discipline and an entrepreneurial mindset to growth in emerging channels and leverage product innovation to target the growing lifestyle consumer market.
Your experience in a circa $30M agile product distribution business will be highly regarded, especially in identifying NPD opportunities, raising brand awareness in retail activation and understanding trends in the youth / education sector.
Skills & Experience
- Strong understanding of brand marketing and sales management principles, ideally within a lifestyle brand, office supplies or combination of the 2
- Proven success as a Business Manager, Sales Leader or General Manager preferably within a declining category, with the experience pivoting successfully to emerging channels such as online
- High level commercial acumen, strategic planning
- Proven experience of working in B2B and B2C markets from concept to delivery within store, through national wholesalers and ecommerce channels
- Experience working with large national wholesale & retailers, ie joint business planning and retail execution.
- Experience developing & executing multi-channel growth & sales strategies
- Team capability development, an engaging and inclusive, positive leadership style.
- Excellent ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant business discipline
Due to the established presence and high-profile branding, this role will best suit a candidate who enjoys working within a global organisation to drive ANZ strategy & growth. You love a fast-paced environment, within a hands-on role and thrives under pressure. You will have depth of experience in a smaller, sub-$30M business that's agile, entrepreneurial and progressive.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Ben Maurer on 02 8024 7188 for a confidential discussion. Only suitably experienced candidates will be contacted and due to need for social distance, all interviews will be held via video-conference.
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.