About the company:
AAFCANS is a Commonwealth not-for-profit organisation within the Defence portfolio which currently has operations on 31 sites across Australia. Their primary purpose is to enable Defence members access to goods and services (canteens, coffee carts, shopping, postal services) on base and exercise and contribute to defence capability by enhancing personnel morale and well being!
About the role:
The Managing Director position reports in the AAFCANS Board with 5 direct and 242 indirect reports
Key responsibilities include:
- Overview the development of strategic and corporate plans that consider immediate, medium and long-term impacts, achieve maximum return on investments, support business development and continuous improvement and continue to add value to Defence personnel
- Overview and manage new business initiatives which provide expanded services and value for Defence personnel
- Work collaboratively with the Board to ensure the Board can fulfil its strategy and governance role
- Ensure the accuracy, completeness, integrity and disclosure of the organisation's financial statements through appropriate policies, procedures and internal controls
- Take an active and influencing role with Defence personnel and other key stakeholders/decision makers to ensure that the interests of AAFCANS are represented
- Drive a values-based organisation culture that is inclusive and where there is a strong sense of identity, ownership and common purpose
- Overview the financial viability of AAFCANS and increase business value through effective financial management
- In conjunction with the Board and the Senior Leadership Team, establish strategic and operational business objectives, targets and Key Performance Indicators
- Ideally possess a post graduate qualification in business administration or financial management as well as either a Member or Graduate of AICD
- Must have experience leading large, multi-site, state or national retailers or hospitality providers
- Leading, influencing and management of multiple stakeholder relationships
- Experience reporting to and working with a Board of Directors
- Leading senior teams of managers to align around future focused strategies, objectives and programs of work
- Inquisitive, relishes new challenges and opportunities and looks at problems through multiple lenses
- Acquiring and maintaining base security clearances is required
AAFCANS is a not for profit organisation so it is also vital that the candidate strongly aligns with their values of honesty, integrity, safety, respect and service and their purpose of enhancing the lives of defence personnel and their families!
How to apply
Should this opportunity be of interest to you click on the APPLY button or contact Kristan De Sousa on (07) 31539902 for a confidential discussion. If this role doesn't sound quite right for you but you are open to new opportunities, feel free to get in touch!