About the Company:
Leading global manufacturer of mechanical, electronic and pneumatic components. The primary customer base is the rail and mining industries. Based in Western Sydney, the site is a manufacturing and service operation with 180 employees onsite. This is an assembly, workshop, industrial manufacturing type of environment. The volumes are very much project based. There is also a large service component where customers will send back components for repair, service and overhaul.
About the Role:
This is a newly created role by the business. As a Manufacturing and Service Manager you will look after half of the factory (approximately 70 staff on the floor). You will have a number of Supervisors directly reporting into you. The focus of this role is for someone to be a true leader, who knows how to delegate and get their team to achieve the results, rather than telling people what to do individually on a day to day basis.
- Lead and support the Supervisors with team member management.
- Support daily planning meetings.
- Champion continuous improvement programs to drive efficiency and productivity.
- Identify, develop and implement new processes including documentation and training of staff.
- Implement the company's safety standards.
- Mentor and develop the Supervisors.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years working experience in a leadership role, within an engineering, assembly, service or technical manufacturing division. This role will not suit you if all your experience has been within FMCG.
- Demonstrated experience with end to end people management (recruitment, motivation, setting targets, appraisals, skills gap analysis, absenteeism, safety and performance management).
- Any experience with an ERP system such as SAP will be highly regarded.
- Very accessible location - 5 minutes walk from the closest train station.
- Free undercover staff parking.
- Attractive compensation package with a bonus component attached to this role.
Recruitment Process / How to Apply:
- Resume Submission - only successful candidates will receive a call
- Phone Call w Recruiter
- Video Interview w Recruiter
- 1st Round Interview w HR and Production Manager
- 2nd Round Interview + Site Tour w Production Manager
- Testing and References
- Offer to start
Click on the APPLY button if you are interested.