About the Role
Beginning February 2019, this key role is responsible for optimising production reliability, uptime and output whilst handling the maintenance budget. This is a high-volume site so experience in a similar large-scale production environment will be critical. In leading the department you will motivate, mentor and lead your team to safely achieve optimum plant and equipment reliability and availability in order to ensure manufacturing requirements are met within short time frames.
The Role will Involve;
- Driving a customer service culture focussing on continuous improvement and safety.
- Managing a technical team in a high paced environment
- Embedding Lean principles in team operations
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Fitter/Turner qualifications or similar
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing and/or 5S Methodologies
- Hands on knowledge of WHS procedures & compliance
- A methodical & logical approach, driven by best practice and a desire to drive improvement
- Previous experience leading a manufacturing & engineering team within a large scale manufacturing operation
- Ability to mentor & develop staff to drive performance
- Strong communication skills
- Focus on quality and right first time
- Experience with ISO9001 Standards
- Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills
Please apply on the link below or call Dan Pirrone (07) 3153 9907 to discuss the role in more detail.