About the organisation
SANE Australia is the leading organisation making a real difference for the five million people affected by complex mental health issues nationally. Australians affected by complex mental health issues - such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, complex trauma, and severe depression and anxiety - experience major barriers in accessing quality, affordable support, and face high levels of stigma and discrimination.
SANE is committed to changing this reality through its digital and phone counselling, peer support services, arts programming and services, and advocacy and research programs. This is an exciting time to join SANE, as it embarks on its biggest growth and transformation in 35 years under a new CEO and leadership team.
About the role
SANE Australia has big ambitions for increasing its impact and awareness nationally, and as their new Marketing and Communications Manager, you will play a key role in raising their profile and increasing engagement with their brand and services.
Working with a new CEO and reporting to the Head of Marketing & Communications, this is a unique opportunity to excel in a 'green fields' environment, helping to change the shape and direction of SANE's marketing and communications, and utilising your skills in digital marketing, social media, and content and campaign development to connect more people with SANE's services and support.
This is a 12-month parental leave cover contract with an immediate start available.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following:
- A tertiary qualification in marketing or communications, with at least two years' experience in a managerial role
- A strong track record of applying technical skills and creativity to deliver digital and integrated marketing campaigns to achieve targets
- Highly developed social media expertise and proficiency with Google Analytics, AdWords and SEO, utilising data to drive content creation
- Strong communication and copywriting skills with demonstrated ability to proactively identify stories, and write and publish clear and concise copy for various platforms and audiences
- Experience managing suppliers and agencies to develop marketing materials (e.g. digital agency, printers, videographers)
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with a proven record of building relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders linked with business goals and growth.
- A strategic thinker and a proactive 'doer', you enjoy owning projects and making your mark
- You love delving into data to create well-performing content, and you take pride in reaching campaign targets as a measure of your impact and success
- You love problem solving, and bring creativity to everything you do - your copy, design, campaigns and thinking
SANE Australia welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates. They are committed to developing and supporting a workforce that is well-equipped and motivated to make a real difference in the lives of people affected by complex mental health issues. Staff at SANE Australia benefit from generous not-for-profit salary packaging options, flexible work arrangement and an additional paid Reflection Leave per year after completing 12 months of service.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button to submit your application!
Please note, if you are interested in applying for this opportunity, it is a mandatory requirement that you will need to undertake a Police Check and Working With Children Check at the offer stage.