About the company
This global consumer goods hardware company has created some of the industry's biggest brands and plays a leading role in one of Australia's most critical growth sectors. Servicing traditional hardware retail and trade channels with local & offshore manufacturing, the business has built its' market share on the back of high quality product, which is why it has becoming the brand of choice for its industry segment. As the result of a recent structural change, an opportunity has become available for an experienced Marketing Director to join this Melbourne based team.
About the role
Reporting to the Managing Director, this role combines marketing leadership, strategic planning, insights and innovation, and will present as a broad and exciting opportunity to a self-driven and ambitious individual with exceptional leadership capability. While candidates will need to have a strong marketing background, they will also ideally have extensive experience in a commercial environment. Further, a highly developed ability to take market insights and innovate is vital to success in the role. It is also essential that candidates have advanced stakeholder management skills, in order to work effectively across the various segments of the business and drive collaboration.
- Provide strategic and tactical marketing leadership to deliver on performance targets
- Develop, coach and grow talent within the team - manage a team of 3
- Collaborate cross-functionally, regionally & globally for best brand outcomes, and actively drive collaboration across the business segments
- Take the lead in innovation, managing the NPD and technical teams and delivering key innovation projects relevant to market trends and needs
- Defend and grow the market position through digital strategy, insights, brand positioning, NPD and channel expansion
- Maintain an extensive knowledge and awareness of current industry trends and conditions
- Monitor the success of marketing initiatives such as trade & consumer programs
Skills & experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in marketing leadership and brand development
- Experience in leading JBP with retailers (hardware, grocery or DDS/Mass)
- Extensive experience in leading teams and developing talent
- Strong experience in research, data analysis and insights
- Proven experience in managing NPD projects from concept through to launch (stage / gate)
- Background in leading a business through a growth period
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, with an additional post grad such as an MBA desirable
- Strong commercial, financial, business management experience
- Hardware, FMCG or Consumer Goods experience.
- Exposure to local manufacturing
Our client is a market-leading, stable and successful company, with excellent opportunities for career progression. They have a well established reputation for nurturing and supporting talent, and will actively seek to progress you within the business.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Maya Wettenhall on (03) 8613 3510 for a confidential discussion.