About the company
With HQ based in Melbourne, our client is a privately owned local manufacture and major player within the bakery category in Australia,. The business have recently experienced significant growth and are looking to continue this growth by leveraging their local manufacturing and distribution capability across retail and foodservice channels. As the business goes through transition, they are looking to build out their marketing team which has created an exciting opportunity for an experienced Marketing Manager to join the business.
About the role
Stepping into a newly created role, the Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing strong relationships with the retail customers whilst working collaboratively with key internal stakeholders to set the marketing strategy and develop joint business plans to drive category growth.
- Experience in marketing consumer brands as well as developing private label products
- Experience in presenting to Coles, Woolworths and/or Aldi and Metcash
- Experience in leading NPD via a stage / gate process
- Experience in utilising consumer insights when making recommendations for NPD and brand strategy
- Possess commercial acumen (understands COGS, margins, pricing architecture, forecasting)
- Marketing communications experience (TTL) in brand marketing and corporate marketing (such as website upgrade and management)
- Sound stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Can operate within an agile and nimble environment
- Hands on in nature and can implement processes from scratch
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications within a relevant discipline including Business or Marketing
- Prior experience in a marketing communication role within the food industry
- Strong understanding of category and consumer insights and creating joint business plans with retail customers
- Strong understanding of the local retail landscape and private label manufacturing
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills.
This business is entrepreneurial, collaborative, hardworking and fiercely passionate about their employees. This is a great opportunity to work for an organisation which encourages and values your input across all aspects of the business.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Maya Wettenhall on 8613 3510 for a confidential discussion.
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.