About the company
Conga Foods is one of Australia's leading private, family-owned companies in the grocery industry. For 70 years Conga Foods have been searching the globe for authentic crafted food for Australians to discover and share. It is in their heritage to be passionate about food, family, and friends.
Having a portfolio of strong brands and fine international products represents a zest for life and a spirit of generosity which is lived on to this day. They stand behind their brands and distribute products nationally through all retail, wholesale, and industrial channels.
Due to internal growth, Conga Foods are currently seeking a Marketing Manager who can continue to grow the business by building and managing their portfolio of successful brands whilst harnessing the power of human connection to deliver breakthrough performance amongst the team.
About the role
Reporting to the Chief Sales and Marketing Officer, the Marketing Manager is responsible for establishing and executing the category and brand plans that directly support the business's specific performance goals. You will be leading channel expansion strategies which extend the brands' presence beyond the immediate customer base, as well as launching and building new brands to drive growth and reach new prospective customers. You will lead, motivate, and inspire a marketing team of 8, with a clear vision to deliver results whilst managing outcomes through cross functional teams.
- Lead and deliver growth and financial objectives via P+L management of the nominated brands. This includes short term and long-term strategic development, with the view to maximise category growth, brand share and organisational profitability.
- Accountable for setting, delivering, and driving the business objectives for the portfolio of brands by developing three to five-year strategic plans for implementation through high performing teams.
- Responsible for developing and executing the nominated brand marketing plans ensuring they are underpinned by actionable insights and aligned to category and business strategy including being the custodian of the consumer.
- Define the category brand & pricing architecture and lead the development of communications e.g. brand and promotional campaigns, in-store activation, trade promotional materials, digital advertising, sponsorship, mobile, social media, PR, event, tactical promotions etc.
- Develop and implement a stakeholder and reputation management strategy that builds trust and engagement.
- Performance will be measured by both finance and non-financial measures that affect the performance of the business. Brand and sales targets and stakeholder engagement will be central to these key metrics.
Skills & Experience
You are highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You have a background in FMCG and are passionate about food, family, and friends. You are highly organized, detail-oriented, and dependable. No job is beneath you and you will roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the task done. You are naturally service-oriented and enjoy working with people. You have exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, and bring positivity and passion to all of your interactions. You will also have proven experience in the following:
- Tertiary qualification in relevant space e.g. Marketing / Commerce / Business
- Extensive experience in strategic brand management / portfolio management within FMCG
- Strong digital marketing and digital campaign analysis experience
- New product development experience, from introduction phase through to commercialisation
- Excellent leadership and presentation skills
- Exceptional stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills
- Highly commercial and ROI focused
Despite the business's growing success, their family-values driven culture remains at the core of everything they do. They pride themselves on building genuine relationships with customers, staff, and partners alike. As the Marketing Manager, you will be joining a fantastic, hardworking team who are eager to take the business from strength to strength.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Maya Wettenhall on (03) 8613 3510 for a confidential discussion. All direct applications or resumes received by Conga Foods from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive.