About the company
Our client is a privately owned consumer durables business who manufacture and distribute home appliances both locally and globally. Operating across 15 subsidiaries around the world, Melbourne is a key hub for this company as they hold a multitude of leading brands within their portfolio, selling into both commercial and retail channels. With a close knit, dynamic and energetic team, they are currently seeking a Head of Marketing to join their team and oversee a portfolio of 15+ brands and five direct reports.
About the role
Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Marketing will own a portfolio of brands selling into both B2B and B2C markets. You will be responsible for all facets of brand communications across digital, print and experience whilst developing and execute brand strategies that meet local consumer and customer needs.
- Lead and deliver growth and financial objectives via P+L management of the nominated brands. This includes short term and long-term strategic development, with the view to maximise category growth, brand share and organisational profitability.
- Accountable for setting, delivering, and driving the business objectives for the portfolio of brands by developing three to five-year strategic plans for implementation through high performing teams.
- Responsible for developing and executing the nominated brand marketing plans ensuring they are underpinned by actionable insights and aligned to category and business strategy including being the custodian of the consumer.
- Define the category brand & pricing architecture and lead the development of communications e.g. brand and promotional campaigns, in-store activation, trade promotional materials, digital advertising, sponsorship, mobile, social media, PR, event, tactical promotions etc.
- Develop and implement a stakeholder and reputation management strategy that builds trust and engagement.
- Performance will be measured by both finance and non-financial measures that affect the performance of the business. Brand and sales targets and stakeholder engagement will be central to these key metrics.
Skills & experience
You are highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You have a background in FMCG or Consumer Goods and are passionate about brand building and communications. You are highly organized, detail-oriented, and dependable. No job is beneath you and you will roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the task done. You are naturally service-oriented and enjoy working with people. You have exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, and bring positivity and passion to all of your interactions. You will also have proven experience in the following:
- Tertiary qualification in relevant space e.g. Marketing / Commerce / Business
- Extensive experience in strategic brand management / portfolio management
- Experience managing a portfolio of brands - ideally 5+ brands
- Experience in leading successful marketing teams
- Solid exposure to Australian retail channels such as electrical, grocery or DDS/Mass
- Strong digital marketing and digital campaign analysis experience
- New product development experience, from introduction phase through to commercialisation
- Excellent leadership and presentation skills
- Exceptional stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills
- Highly commercial and ROI focused
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Maya Wettenhall on (03) 8613 3510 for a confidential discussion. If this role doesn't sound quite right for you but you are open to hearing about new opportunities in Marketing feel free to get in touch or jump on to the website and sign up for our job alerts!