Join one of Australias leading fashion retailers, as a Marketing Manager, whom will drive and own both strategy and implementation, across all marketing channels.
About the company
Our client is one of Australia's most iconic, recognisable and timeless retailers. Established for more than 30 years, they are best recognised for outstanding quality, exceptional customer service and great value, across the entire apparel and accessories range. With over 50 stores nationally they are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Marketing Manager whom will join them on their journey of growth and evolution
About the role
As the Marketing Manager, reporting directly in to the Creative Director, you will work collaboratively bringing to life the ideas and visions that will propel the brand forward. You will put words into actions as you take ownership of the marketing and promotional plans, as well as managing budgets and the marketing calendar for the year. You will be responsible for planning, driving and executing the strategic development of the brand nationally and internationally across all visual, print, and social media platforms. Your marketing plans will be unique and original and will set you apart from competitors as you attract and grow an already loyal customer base.
- Creation and delivery of the brands multi-channel marketing strategies
- Providing operational leadership in relation to all facets of the marketing function including managing content across all areas of the business
- Develop, drive, and implement marketing initiatives to maximise revenue and maintain brand leadership at National, State and Local Marketing levels
- Seasonal event photo shoot booking and management
- Management of yearly marketing calendar
- Strategic planning and brand development
- Media planning/budgets
- Fashion media liaison including media showings, responding to PR briefs and servicing media nationwide
- Creation of seasonal advertising campaigns and catalogues
- Management of brands with major wholesale partners and our own retail stores
- Relationship management of Shopping Centre marketing, stylists and media
- Website and event management
- Working closely with the National Visual Merchandiser in VM and window display creative concepts
- Identify and promote public relations, and editorial opportunities
- Provide advertising input across all areas of the business
- Ensure brand consistency in all areas of promotion
- Develop and implement strategies to develop the brands database and CRM
- Develop and implement systems to monitor and improve customer relationship management
- Manage the promotion and marketing for the online store.
Skills and Attributes:
- Relevant tertiary or related qualifications are preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years marketing experience in the Fashion Industry, preferably apparel
- Experience with TV, catalogue and print media
- Experience working with e-commerce and digital marketing
- Ability to work closely with internal and external customers
- Highly developed analytical and practical skills
- Highly developed numerical skills, including accuracy and interpretation thereof
- Strong organisation and negotiation skills are evident with customers and suppliers
- Willingness to launch and streamline new and existing procedures and systems
- Sound PC skills in MS Office
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal to team members at all levels together with the ability to develop strong strategic alliances.
- Highly organised to meet schedules and time frames
You will be a commercially and analytically minded as well as being a creative individual whom is passionate about the retail space. You will be proactive, ambitious with a can-do attitude and consider your communication and relationship building skills to be your key strengths. You will be able to work autonomously as well as effectively within a small team environment. Internally you will be surrounded by equally creative and passionate individuals within a friendly culture that promotes innovation and outside the box thinking.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Carolyn Heyward on (03) 8613 3505 for a confidential discussion.