Responsible for brand architecture and strategy, driving traffic through the store network, increasing revenue and driving strong brand recognition and appeal. In addition, the role will drive and optimise 'best in class' customer experience through innovative brand aesthetic, traditional marketing, visual merchandising, store design and analysis of customer insight.
About the company
Our client is a retail success story delivering exciting, premium products to consumers via their national network of retail and online platform, with growth internationally. This is a very exciting time to join this premium retailer and play a key role in the evolution of both the retail brand and marketing strategy, focusing on exceptional customer experience across all channels. A significant growth strategy will take the business to new heights and as a result, they are seeking a passionate, talented retail marketer to help them achieve their long term business goals.
About the role
As a key member of the marketing leadership team and reporting directly to the GM of Marketing, this role plays a pivotal part in the development and growth of the retail business for the future. Leading a team of professionals across all marketing channels, you will develop and implement a compelling and creative marketing plan covering all aspects of integrated campaigns (promotions, PR/media, events, brand collaborations, visual merchandising and in-store execution) with a very strong focus on digital & loyalty as well. You will drive strategic decision making in order to achieve expected business and brand growth, recruiting new customers and retaining and rewarding existing ones
- Integrate, develop, lead and motivate a high calibre, commercial and 'on brand' marketing team
- Total budget accountability
- Develop annual and long-range marketing and strategic plans
- Develop the overall brand strategy and direction utilising customer research and insights
- Utilise research and available data to identify opportunities to stretch the brand and drive traffic and growth through online
- Formulate and recommend marketing policies, budgets, objectives and plans designed to achieve growth in network, revenue and profit targets
- Lead the cross functional e-commerce, online and mobile projects
- Lead the design and implementation of a visual merchandising plan
- Assist in leading the new product development agenda
- Source and manage suitable external marketing agencies
- Oversee corporate images and issues management
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications, Business or relevant degree
- Significant brand strategy / marketing management experience in a Retail or Consumer environment
- Strong brand design aesthetic (including visual merchandising and/or design preferred)
- Significant people leadership experience (minimum 3 years)
- You possess strategic and business planning skills and a proven track record of managing agencies and teams to execute brand activation's seamlessly.
- You must be a passionate, positive, upbeat 'self starter' with proven strategic agility and exceptional commercial and marketing acumen.
This is a fast paced, dynamic retail business that is highly rewarding, entrepreneurial and innovative. People enjoy working at this organisation due to outstanding career opportunities and working with some of the best leaders and marketers in Australia.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Carolyn Heyward on (03) 8613 3505 for a confidential discussion quoting reference number CH16228