About the Company
A global consumer goods business requires a Material Planner for a 6-month fixed-term contract. This business has been operating for over 100 years and is a trusted brand across it's product offering.
About the Role
- Create all master data in SAP for all new materials
- Update all BOM's to reflect changes and send notification to relevant personnel in the plant
- Forecast on a weekly basis requirements and send those forecasts to relevant suppliers. Interpret feedback from suppliers and advise Planning Team Leader of issues and possible solutions
- Talk regularly with key suppliers to review forecast, discuss upcoming changes and address any issues
- Place purchase orders (PO)s with suppliers so that materials are available in time for finishing requirements
- Review receipt of materials, ensuring sufficient materials are available for finishing requirements. Communicate any issues to the Planning Team Leader. Keep production plan up to date with relevant comments relating to production runs and material supply issues (eg label changes).
- Liaise with Production Team Leaders on any issues that may affect delivery of the production schedule
- Optimizes cost, service and speed-to-market through collaborative planning and communication with partners
- Understands the external environment, suppliers and customers and balances meeting their requirements with delivering internal goals
- Able to influence partners' expectations and decisions
- TAFE, Diploma or Degree in relevant supply chain disciplines
- Drives supply planning initiatives to manage inventory and service levels while effectively utilizing supply chain resources
- Demonstrates the ability to balance demand requirements and manage inventories while effectively developing production and replenishment plans.
How to Apply
To apply online click 'Apply' or if you would like a confidential discussion about this role please contact Catherine Laws at / 02 8024 7155.
Back to job search
|Location:||Southwestern Sydney, New South Wales|
|Job Type:||Contract or Temp|