About the Company
An Australian market leader in consumer products, with a strong international presence. The manufacturer strives to continuously innovate, having invested heavily in their research and development department.
About the Role
You will be an integral part of the New Product Development team, designing and developing consumer products. You will be working on both new product development as well as improving upon existing products. This opening has come about due to an increase in the number of projects handled by the team.
- Part and assembly design, from concept through to manufacture.
- Concept design, component selection, supplier negotiations, prototyping, validation and testing.
- Thermal and mechanical simulation modelling using ANSYS followed by experimental testing of prototypes to verify.
- Detailed mechanical design using 3D CAD Solidworks for a range of materials.
- Ensure the design of the product and its performance meets compliance/regulatory standards.
- Operate in a cross-functional team environment.
Skills and Experience
This is a permanent full-time role. As such, it is important that you are looking for a long-term position, with a business that has a fantastic brand.
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Design or similar field
- Mechanical product design experience (consumer product design experience would be great) with particular focus on metal and plastic components
- Minimum 4 years experience in a mechanical engineering role
- End-to-end R&D projects from concept to manufacture
- Strong SolidWorks software skills and previous experience with FEA simulations
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button or call Orrin Huang 02 8024 7115