About the company
Our client is a market leader in chemical manufacturing with a highly recognised brand across Australia and New Zealand. They have multiple manufacturing facilities in Melbourne and currently require a highly skilled Mechanical Maintenance Leader at their largest site.
About the role
This opportunity as a Mechanical Maintenance Leader will be to lead a team of skilled mechanical trades staff as well as contractors through continuous operations ensuring that production and plant are ongoing 24/5.
The role will be critical in developing a preventative maintenance culture for the site including establishing PMs for the MEX system and ensuring compliance to work orders. Developing a proactive team environment with rapid breakdown response and a quality approach to maintenance work will be key to success.
Skills & Experience
This role will be essential to the success of the site and the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Hands on understanding of mechanical plant equipment (e.g. heat exchangers, pumps pipes etc);
- Ability to lead and give direction to a trades group;
- Proven communication skills with ability to train and mentor as well as influence the status quo;
- Trade qualifications in Mechanical or an associated tertiary degree;
- Drive and ambition to develop and grow your own career in an industrial setting;
The business has a range of career opportunities for high potential staff across the Melbourne and national network. Based in the western suburbs of Melbourne.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Dale Young on 03 8613 3503 for a confidential discussion quoting reference number DY15254.