About the Company
Our client is a tertiary education provider close to Melbourne's CBD. They are seeking a talented Media professional to join their team on a 12-month contract with an ASAP start date.
About the Role
As Media Adviser, you will be a pivotal part of the wider Media and Communications team, discovering, creating and pitching proactive stories for wide ranging audiences as well as managing reactive media including media monitoring. Managing relationships with key state media across multiple channels and having the ability to build strong internal stakeholder's relationships are key.
- High level internal stakeholder management
- Assist in day to day media relations and management
- Proactively seek out stories to promote in the community / media
- Content creation (media releases) and media calendar creation
- Monitor current affairs in the political and community environment to develop content
To be successful you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in journalism or similar
- Exceptional writing and editorial skills
- Ideally experience in government or education media roles with journalism background
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to work at a fast pace and be a logical thinker
How To Apply
Click to apply, or contact Katie Newman on 03 8613 3599 for a confidential career discussion.