- Amazing opportunity to join the talented team at headspace
- National leadership role
- Attractive salary on offer including salary packaging
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12-25 year olds, along with assistance in promoting young peoples' wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services. By 2019, headspace will have 110 centres nationally and has to date, provided over 2 million services to Australia's youth. There is currently an opportunity to join a high performing team to lead the national media strategy.
The Media and Communications Manager is a pivotal role for headspace, managing all facets of the media and public relations function. With one direct report, its core focus is to develop and deliver a national media strategy for headspace that is innovative and promotes the exceptional work that the organisation delivers across 110 centres and other national programs. The Media and Communications Manager also provides strategic media advice to the executive and senior stakeholders, in addition to generating media partnerships both nationally and within each state to maximise exposure.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, the Media and Communications Manager will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, journalism or similar industry experience
- Team leadership experience or strong mentoring capability
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing media strategies, preferably on a national scale
- A proven track record in building and maximising media networks to increase exposure
- Extensive experience in issues and crisis management
- Exceptional written communications skills, with extensive experience writing media releases for mass or targeted audiences
- The ability to provide high level advice to the CEO and Executive stakeholders
- Willingness to act both strategically and operationally to deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence organisational culture
- A broad understanding of the Australian health services system would be advantageous
To apply for this role click the Apply Now button or for a confidential discussion please call Danielle Bennetto on (03) 8613 3598.
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.