Our client is a Victorian tertiary institution who has a strong community focus and a marketing and communications team who work tirelessly to showcase the organisation's fanastic offerings including research, courses, and community engagement. With the full support of the executive team, they are looking for a talented Media Manager to join them to drive proactive media stories to national and local media networks.
The Media Manager is responsible for leading a team of Advisers who network across a complex stakeholder environment to source newsworthy content to drive brand and reputation of the organisation. The role will oversee the development of content and media calendars to ensure timeframes are met and opportunities to promote the research and education they offer are at the forefront. Working to specific targets, the wider team will monitor media mentions and gauge success through brand health metrics, acquisition of students and breadth of audience reached.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Tertiary qualifications in journalism, communications or similar field experience
- Sector experience in government, public sector, education or similar
- Experience working in journalism or content creation with proven examples
- Experience managing and motivating a small to medium team
- A tenacious approach to building strong, strategic media networks
Please click the Apply Now button, or for further information, please contact Lyndsey Walker on 8613 3518.