Our client is a reputable health charity based in Victoria. They're renowned for their research and support programs, leading the way in reducing the impact of several health challenges effecting the Australian community.
They are currently seeking an experienced Media Manager to join their team on a 12 month basis. This role will be 0.8 FTE, with flexibility on the hours and days of week. Due to Cvoid-19, the role will commence in a working-form-home capacity, until it is safe to return to their office in Melbourne inner city.
The Media Manager is a pivotal role managing all facets of external communications. With four direct reports, you will be responsible for the media strategy across several program areas and supporting the four media advisors on a day to day basis. The efforts of your team will ultimately inform, educate and influence both behaviour and community change.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, the Media Manager will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, journalism or similar industry experience
- Team leadership experience and strong mentoring capability
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing strategic media strategies
- A proven track record in building and maximising media networks to increase exposure
- Understanding of both behaviour change and community change
- Exceptional written communications skills, with extensive experience writing media releases for mass or targeted audiences
- The ability to provide high level advice to senior stakeholders
- Willingness to act both strategically and operationally to deliver results
- Experience in the health sector is essential to this role
How to apply
To apply for this role, click the 'Apply Now' button or for a confidential discussion please call Lauren Madden on (03) 8613 3547.