About the company
Our client is a global sporting goods company, boasting a number of internationally recognised brands across sporting equipment and performance and lifestyle apparel and footwear. The business and its employees are passionate about living an active lifestyle, just like their customers, and this passion and true understanding across the industry has driven the businesses ongoing success.
This is a newly created role, and first within the merchandise planning function, to support the rapid growth of the businesses own retail channels. As Merchandise Planner you will creating optimised assortment planning processes to support the achievement of the brand vision across the retail, partner store and online channels, to inform the product buy plans. This role will work closely with demand and supply chain team to ensure effective execution of the end-to-end strategy
* Planning strategic framework and OTB budgets
* Define and create consumer focused assortment plans
* Financial planning, forecasting, analysis, strategic review and maintenance of merchandise OTB.
* Overseeing daily stock management across the network.
* Monitoring the sales through daily, weekly and monthly reporting and analysis
* Pre and post season analysis to highlight and make recommendations around potential new areas of opportunity
* Manage the promotional and markdown cadence in line with brand strategy
* Trade and optimise the department, in collaboration with the Product Manager.
Skills and Experience
* 5+ years prior experience in merchandise planning within a fast-paced retail fashion business.
* Must have previous experience in apparel or footwear categories
* Highly developed analytical and numerical skills.
* Computer literacy in word and excel and merchandise planning systems.
* Ability to analyse, investigate and interpret data and information.
* Strong commercial and financial acumen
How to apply
If you are seeking a challenging and successful career with exciting opportunities with a brand that embraces a dynamic and passionate culture, then we would love to discuss opportunities with you!
Click on the APPLY button or contact Rebecca Overall, 8613 3527 for a confidential discussion quoting reference number