About the company
Our client is a leading Australian retailer with a sophisticated product range across apparel, homewares, accessories and more. Having experienced strong and continued growth through the past six months, they are looking to expand their planning team. The head office is based in a central Melbourne location, but this role offers great working from home flexibility.
As a Merchandise Planner you will report directly to the Planning Manager and support the achievement of the brand vision across retail stores channels through investment in, and maintenance of, optimum assortments to achieve profitable growth within the category. You will be an integral part of the planning team, to deliver strategic merchandise plans through strong analytical skills; financial acumen and knowledge of the local market to inform the product buy plans.
* Planning strategic framework and OTB budgets
* Financial planning, forecasting, analysis, strategic review and maintenance of merchandise OTB.
* Overseeing daily stock management of allocations, consolidations & replenishment to all stores.
* Manage and mentor a team of junior planners, allocation and replenishment analysts.
* Monitoring the sales through daily, weekly and monthly reporting and analysis
* Pre and post season analysis to highlight and make recommendations around potential new areas of opportunity
* Manage the promotional and markdown cadence for the category.
* Analyse sales and understanding new product trends, selling patterns and understanding customer needs.
* Weekly trade meeting analysis and presentation
Skills and Experience
* Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar retail merchandise planning role
* Computer literacy in Microsoft Excel and merchandise planning systems
* Strong commercial and financial acumen
* Bachelor degree/diploma in Marketing, Business, Commerce, Fashion or a related field is advantageous
* Previous management experience
Join a well-established and reputable retailer who values collaboration, innovation and passion and will provide great opportunities to progress your career. Work within a flexible hybrid model, working 3- 4 days a week from home permanently.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Rebecca Overall (03 8613 3527) for a confidential discussion quoting reference number.