About the company
Our client is one of Australia's most successful and well recognised retail organisations, with a number of reputable brands. With offerings across the online channel as well an extensive store network, they are committed to delivering superior products and service across multiple channels to their customers. There is currently an opportunity to join their team in a business-critical role in their Merchandise Planning team.
The primary function of the role is to support the brand strategy and vision across the category through investment in, and maintenance of, optimum assortments. This person will use strong analytical skills, financial acumen and knowledge of the local market to inform the OTB plans. This role will work closely with allocation, buying and supply chain partners to ensure effective execution of the end-to-end strategy
- Prepare and manage the productivity targets, stock levels, OTB and GP for the category.
- Financial planning, forecasting, analysis, strategic review and maintenance of merchandise OTB.
- Maintain merchandise assortment plans in conjunction with buyers
- In conjunction with other functional leads implement marketing and promotional strategies to optimise sales performance.
- Make suggestions on Grade and allocation changes to maximise sales and optimise SOH
- Drive the markdown cadence for your category to manage in-season profitability and maximize sell thru.
- Develop bottom-up sales & inventory plans.
- Plan accounts to ensure orders, model levels and end of season rotations are all in line with brand OTB, sales budgets and stock targets.
- Analyse store performance and ensure optimal allocation and replenishment of stocks.
- Prepare reports to inform and influence management on various issues related to the buy plan and stock and sales
- Analyse historical statistical data for all retail measures to help develop future plans.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years' experience in a merchandise planning function
- Strong negotiation & influencing skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work quickly and accurately whilst meeting deadlines
- Computer literate with advanced excel skills.
- Ability to analyse, investigate and interpret financial data and information.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Rebecca Overall on (03) 8613 3527 for a confidential discussion.