About the company
Our client is a successful and well recognised retail organisation with a number of reputable brands. With offerings across the online channel as well an extensive store network, they are committed to delivering superior products and service across multiple channels to their customers. There is currently an opportunity for an experienced merchandise planner to join the team in a business-critical role.
About the role
The primary function of the role is to support the brand strategy and vision across the category through investment in, and maintenance of, optimum assortments. This person will employ strong analytical skills, financial acumen and knowledge of the local market to inform the OTB plans. This role will work closely with buying and supply chain partners to ensure effective execution of the end-to-end strategy.
* Prepare and manage the productivity targets, stock levels, OTB and GP for the category.
* Financial planning, forecasting, analysis, strategic review and maintenance of merchandise OTB.
* Maintain merchandise assortment plans in conjunction with buyers
* Drive the markdown cadence for your category to manage in-season profitability and maximize sell thru.
* Develop bottom-up sales & inventory plans.
* Analyse store performance and ensure optimal allocation and replenishment of stocks.
* Prepare reports to inform and influence management on various issues related to the buy plan and stock and sales
* Analyse historical statistical data for all retail measures to help develop future plans.
Skills and Experience
* 3+ years' experience in a merchandise planning role
* Strong negotiation & influencing skills
* High level of attention to detail
* Ability to work quickly and accurately whilst meeting deadlines
* Computer literate with advanced excel skills.
* Ability to analyse, investigate and interpret financial data and information.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Rebecca Overall on (03) 8613 3527 for a confidential discussion.