About the company
Are you dreaming of a career where you love arriving at work each day? Our client is one of Australia's leading retailer and wholesaler of quality products. They have an impressive stable of brands in their portfolio and pride themselves on delivering the most up to date fashion trends, inspired from around the globe. They have been at the forefront of designing innovative quality products for the whole family, over the last 30 years and are continuing on their growth trajectory.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Merchandise Planner to join a growing team, of innovators. This role would suit an experienced Planner, who is seeking to join a large retail group. The ideal candidate would have experience managing a team of Junior Planners to deliver exceptional commercial results, responsible for the delivery of financial KPIs within the Merchandise function. You will influence category development including range, space and merchandising plans to drive growth in footfall, sales and profit. This is a highly strategic and hands on position.
- Effectively lead, manage and develop the Junior Planners in your team.
- OTB and stock management, forecasting and analysis across multiple channels and countries
- Establishment and alignment of company merchandise plans to deliver sales growth, profitability and performance, including Sales, GM, Purchases and Stocks
- Manage key critical path processes across both retail and wholesale planning teams, including budgeting, forecasting, pre, post and current season analysis, and assortment planning
- Determine price strategies and pricing architecture
- Systemise planning processes and system improvements to drive better efficiencies within the planning environment
- Management of Merchandise Reporting and leading weekly trade meetings to provide pro-active and commercial recommendations to support trade improvement
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated 2+ year's experience in a Merch Panning or Planner in training role
- Advanced skills in leading and mentoring junior planners
- Exceptional analytical skills, well organised and excellent attention to detail
- Strong financial and commercial business acumen with pro-active commercial recommendations and follow up actions to support trade improvements
- A positive "can do" attitude, and a passion for delivering results
- A proven track record of interpreting market trends and executing strategic plans
- The ability to work collaboratively and manage key relationships across all levels to effectively deliver the business strategy
- Advanced excel skills, strong organisational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines
Love working with a team of motivated, passionate and supportive individuals in a fun design led environment, with in a friendly well supported working culture. They work hard to make things happen and reward and recognise hard work, big or small!
How to apply
If this ticks all your boxes, and looking to secure an exciting role with an exciting retail group, then please just click apply or contact Carolyn Heyward on 03 8613 3505 for a confidential discussion.