About the company
Our client is one of Australia's leading fashion retail brands. They have been at the forefront of fashion for more than 40 years. With stores across Australia and New Zealand, they are a household name, providing quality fashion forward ranges for the whole family, with collections including wardrobe staples right through to fashion must haves.
As a Merchandise Planner you will report directly to the Planning Manager and support the achievement of the brand vision across the channels through investment in, and maintenance of, optimum assortments to achieve profitable growth within the category. You will be an integral part of the planning team, to deliver strategic merchandise plans through strong analytical skills; financial acumen and knowledge of the local market to inform the product buy plans.
- Planning strategic framework and OTB budgets
- Financial planning, forecasting, analysis, strategic review and maintenance of merchandise OTB.
- Overseeing daily stock management of allocations, consolidations & replenishment to all stores.
- Monitoring the sales through daily, weekly and monthly reporting and analysis
- Pre and post season analysis to highlight and make recommendations around potential new areas of opportunity
- Manage the promotional and markdown cadence for the category.
- Analyse sales and understanding new product trends, selling patterns and understanding customer needs.
- Weekly trade meeting analysis and presentation
- Build strong relationships with the Product and Marketing Teams, as well as other key areas of the business
- Trade and optimise the department, in collaboration with the Product Manager.
Skills and Experience
- Strong experience in merchandise planning within a fast-paced retail fashion business.
- Highly developed analytical and numerical skills.
- Computer literacy in word and excel and merchandise planning systems.
- Ability to analyse, investigate and interpret data and information.
- The ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally at all levels.
- Business Degree qualification
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
Join a privately owned globally expanding retailer who are dedicated to team collaboration and innovation whilst promoting our vision and values. An innovative business that is a fast paced and dynamic environment, where hard work and dedication is rewarded and recognised.
How to apply:
If you are seeking a challenging and successful career with exciting opportunities with a brand that embraces a dynamic and passionate culture, then we would love to discuss opportunities with you!
Click on the APPLY button or contact Rebecca Overall 8613 3527 for a confidential discussion quoting reference number