Merch Planning Manager:
About the company:
Our client is a homeware retailer providing customers with high quality lifestyle goods. They have a strong presence across Australia & are seeking a passionate & innovative merchandise planning manager to join the bright and fun team we pride their company on being. With plans to expand in the near future, our client continues to dominate the Australian retail landscape through their collaborative, inclusive and diversified environments.
About the role:
We have a stimulating and exciting job opportunity for a merchandise planning manager to join a rapidly growing and expanding homeware retailer. This position would be best suited to experienced merchandise planners who are seeking an opportunity to work for a disrupting and growing retail business. Our ideal candidate will show previous experience of managing direct reports of junior planners while maintain exceptional commercial results. You will influence category development including range, space and merchandising plans to drive growth in footfall, sales and profit. This is a highly strategic and hands on position.
Ideally you will have very strong time management, organisation and communication skills. We are seeking someone who has a strong work ethic with the ability to drive your own initiatives. Candidates will show a proven track record in preseason planning, budgeting & forecasting, ordering, in season and post season management and analysis. You will need to be comfortable with handling analytics and process and understanding for Excel.
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated 2+ years' experience in a Merchandise Planning manager position
- Advanced leadership and mentor skills with a keen eye for learning and development
- Exceptional analytical skills, time management and excellent attention to detail
- A positive "can do" attitude, and a passion for delivering results
- Previous record of interpreting market trends and executing strategic plans
- The ability to work collaboratively and manage key relationships across all levels to effectively deliver the business strategy
- OTB and stock management, forecasting and analysis across multiple channels and countries
- Diverse, inclusive and collaborative team culture
- Opportunity for career progression
- Attractive remuneration package
- Flexibility for work/life balance
- Generous discounts on our products