About the company
Our client is a premium global office supplies organisation and a market & category leader in their own right. Transforming through innovation in emerging channels & product development, they're investing in talent and are looking for a National Account Manager to drive profitable category growth with major national stationery distribution clients such as Winc, Officeworks and related channels to market.
About the role
Reporting to an impressive MD, this position will take responsibility for managing major national customers and delivery of commercial growth & profit objectives through effective & structured joint business planning, building strong stakeholder relationships & supporting the MD with strategic planning for the region.
The key focus will be the development and implementation of strategic business plans to drive sales and increase market share. Creating effective and multi-layered promotional plans, you will leverage opportunity to drive brand presence, lifting retail execution standards and joint partnership / category activity.
- Sales forecasting and associated reporting functions, eg S&OP
- Preparation and delivery of customer category reviews & integrated business planning
- Market & competitor analysis to identify trends & opportunities for profitable growth
- Leverage shopper data & insights to drive category growth & NPD opportunities
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities in line with strategic growth plans
- Develop strong strategic relationships with key customer stakeholders
- Influence & collaborate cross-functionally to lift retail execution standards
- Execute retail activation for new product launches
- Negotiation and agree trading terms, pricing and promotional plans
- Resolve client issues and ensure strong customer engagement
- Achievement of set sales targets and budgets for account portfolio
Skills & Experience
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior National Account Executive or recently appointed National Account Manager from within stationery or related consumer categories, to take the next step in their customer management career. Degree qualified, you will possess an understanding of best practice account & category management, accompanied with negotiation and strategic thinking ability & analytical skills. You will be a natural leader and thrive working in a team environment where you can mentor and develop capability across the business through collaboration.
Experience in the stationery sector managing Winc and Officeworks is preferred.
Due to the established presence and high-profile branding, this role will best suit a candidate who enjoys working within a global organisation to drive ANZ strategy & growth. You love a fast-paced environment, within a hands-on business and thrive under pressure. You will have depth of experience in a smaller, sub-$30M business that's agile, entrepreneurial and progressive.
Sound like you? For a confidential discussion, please call Ben Maurer on 02 8024 7188 or simply APPLY NOW to be considered, only suitably experienced candidates will be contacted.