About the company
This iconic Australian Automotive Aftermarket Parts & Workshop Equipment distribution business represent leading global brands, they pride themselves on providing the market with products, and a first-class service that brings innovation to mechanic workshops across the length and breadth of the country.
About the role
Reporting to the General Manager of the equipment business this key leadership role will see the successful candidate take full control and responsibility for the National Sales & Operations strategy across the national technical sales force based in the field.
- Lead and oversee the sales and day to day operational activity of the equipment department, while delivering the sales strategy to ensure the department goals
- Take a leadership role in attending and presenting at external customer meetings and internal meetings across the more extensive business
- portfolio and new business projects across the engineering & manufacturing sectors.
- Lead, manage, coach and develop the existing experienced technical equipment channel sales team
- Analise the current product portfolio and brands the organisation represents in the market to make sure they are aligned to the current business climate and target markets
- Research new products, identify specialised new equipment, gather and analyse market intelligence and recommend products to support the growth of the business unit
- Conduct business reviews, project manage new product launches.
- Be responsible for sales pipeline, forecasting and margin control
- Build deep strategic relationships at multiple levels within the client portfolio
- Work internally with the heads of service and distribution to provide a seamless customer experience
Skills & Experience
- The successful candidate will ideally be a seasoned Sales/Business Manager from the Automotive aftermarket parts or workshop equipment industry however this is not essential
- We would also consider sales managers who come from other industrial equipment style businesses that have experience in managing sales teams who sell through channels partners
- Preference will be given to candidates who are degree qualified
- A hands-on leader who can switch between strategic and tactical activities with ease
- Strong business acumen with an understanding of running sales distribution businesses
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Overall be a highly engaging leader who drives results, makes quality driven decisions, manages through complexity and cultivates innovation
- Have exceptional stakeholder engagement and influencing skills
This well-established growing corporate organisation have a culture built on collaboration and free thinking; this is a fast-paced growth environment..."
- Work with a highly engaged leadership team
- On offer is a great package which includes a base salary + super + FMCV + tools + bonus
- This role forms part of the leadership team and will have a strategic input into the day to day running of the business
- Fresh, modern working environment
- Represent leading global brands
- Work for a large market leader that is in growth mode and offer unrivaled career opportunities
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Terence Craig on (03) 8613
3561 for a confidential career discussion quoting reference number TC17891.
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.