About the company
A leading consumer goods business is looking for a driven and highly capable Logistics Manager to start on a contract basis. There is a good possibility this role can become permanent.
About the Role
The National Logistics Solutions Manager is responsible for the design of logistics solutions that deliver outstanding Customer Service, reduction in freight and logistics cost and speed to market where appropriate. The National Logistics Solutions Manager will have remit over transport metro, regional and linehaul, as well as dispatch processes inside the warehouses. In the future, it will have a remit over international freight into Australia and all associated land transport.
- Review and redesign existing transport network, with short-term focus on regional and remote deliveries.
- Review and redesign existing delivery solutions for certain customers, with the objective of improving Customer Service and profit margins.
- Liaise with Sales and Merchandising in designing transport solutions for new and existing customers and associated range additions during tenders.
- In partnership with Sales and Pricing, make sure current operating costs are properly captured when pricing new work.
- Drive logistics initiatives to reduce cost and improve Customer Service.
- Review Back to School offering and pricing. Other campaigns and associated process and costing.
- Drive Customer Delivery projects that improve Customer Service, drive growth, reduce driver complexity and improves on existing processes.
- Review and design the transport offering and costing for delivery of the Furniture category.
- Delivery optimisation solution
- Demonstrated experience in designing solutions of parcel freight.
- Degree qualified in Logistics, Business, or relevant area, or evidenced experience at a similar level.
- Strong understanding of the Australian industry, including metro, regional and linehaul movements.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritise work.
- Independent and with a track record of delivering value add initiatives.
- High level of financial and cost management of large and complex transport operations.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong personal resilience evidenced in an operational environment.
How to Apply
To apply online click 'Apply' or if you would like a confidential discussion about this role please contact Catherine Laws at / 02 8024 7155.