Due to market demand and growth, our client are seeking a commercially focused person to join their leadership team as the National Sales and Marketing Manager.
About the company
Our client are the market leader in designed and manufactured hardware products supplied through wholesale and major retail channels. A privately owned Australian company, with over 15 distribution centres across ANZ and two manufacturing operations in Asia, employing over 300 people. This leading Australian owned hardware company continues to experience solid growth across APAC and prides itself on being proactive and innovative in developing new markets.
About the role
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for the National Sales and marketing portfolio, all wholesale, retail and sales channels. In this role you will develop the sales strategy and plan across brand identity and positioning, PR, Events and Marketing. You will also provide strategic sales support to grow sales within the national team of 30 sales representatives, merchandisers and art-department personnel.
- In this role you will continue to focus on strong profitable commercial outcomes, along with executing on the following:
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies, with the emphasis on products and solution selling.
- Manage, mentor and coach the national team, improving overall performance while promoting a high-performance culture.
- Development and implementation of seasonal promotions and new product releases including pricing and point of sale initiatives
- Overseeing the development of retail planograms and point of sale materials by the support team
- Co-ordination of product category roll-outs across a wide network of stores
To be considered for the role, you will need to demonstrate:
- A high degree of commercial acumen. (i.e. excellent communication skills, businesses development, contract negotiation, and marketing skills)
- A proven ability to drive team performance and growth in a technical solution-based sales environment.
- Preferably at least 5 years experience working in the wholesale or retail hardware industry.
- Experience in a similar role (strong experience managing sales teams) with demonstrated results across sales growth and improved field execution.
- Experience working within Hardware, Construction or Building Markets would be an advantage.
The culture is open, supportive and based on trust which allows for flexibility, autonomy, independence and a strong collaborative working environment, the ingredients for a high-performing team.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button or contact Phil Ferreira on (02) 8024 7140 for a confidential discussion.