- National Sales Manager to lead high performance team with growth mindset
- Commercial & Civil specification + channel development
- Highly Innovative market leader, career pathways in best practice business that put culture & people first
About the company
Our client is a speciality building materials manufacturer with a highly regarded reputation for premium quality, innovative products and solutions in the commercial construction and infrastructure sector. A Fortune 200 with revenues in the tens of billions, they're also an employer of choice who place a premium on collaboration, culture, engagement & development of their people and we are delighted to bring this critical National Sales Leadership role to the NZ market.
About the role
Reporting to the Divisional Leader of this business unit, this senior management role will see the successful candidate take full control and responsibility for the National NZ Sales Team & Commercial strategy across the key client portfolio which includes Tier 1 Commmercial Builders across Civil / Industrial & Infrastructure projects, architects & developers and be a visible ambassador of the brands by engaging industry bodies & authorities.
Leading an engaged and high performance team across the various segments & solutions you will be tasked with driving strategic growth initiatives in an evolving business environment, leveraging significant capability cross functionally & achieving sustainable & profitable specification objectives, developing a channel distribution strategy to pull projects through key partners but most importantly you will develop the talent in your team and lead with the values based behavioural standards that set this business apart.
Key Deliverables include:
- Safety first
- Developing the talent within the team, leading cultural change through values based leadership
- Delivering profitable growth in surge markets & new solutions whilst protecting the core
- Developing & executing a channel strategy building partnerships with key distributors to pull projects through
- Delivering key specification objectives for projects across the solution portfolio
- Build collaboration bridges with other divisions and functions, leveraging capability across ANZ
- Growing brand equity in new solutions & managing risk in mature products
- Embed a new S&OP pilot program through partnering with manufacturing & operations
- Building a cohesive and inclusive leadership group in NZ across other divisions
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically to position a business to win
- Strong commercial and analytical skills combined with the ability to make sensible and timely decisions
- Experience in building and managing a specification sales team in commercial, civil & infrastructure sectors
- Deep understanding of the solution selling & specification process; with a demonstrated ability to tailor (and deliver) the value proposition to benefit the company and the customer (essential)
- Experience developing a distribution channel & demand strategies to pull projects through the channel
- Demonstrated passion for coaching, mentoring and developing high-performing teams
- Strong and influential communication style; polished both verbally and in writing
- Ability to quickly build strong relationships, at various levels, both internally and externally
- Self-motivated, energetic & can work both autonomously & as part of the team
- Highly values driven leader, open-minded & curious, inclusive & highly collaborative (leads with values)
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment, demonstrating a strong consultative approach and manner
- Above average computer skills including the Microsoft Office 365 suite of products
Highly Desirable skills
- Experience coming from a large complex corporate style organisation within the technical construction materials industry
- A Bachelor's degrees in Sales & Marketing, Business, Engineering or Finance
- Experience in financial statement review and analysis, budgeting, costing and margin control.
- An 80-20 mindset, entrepreneurial & cuts through complexity
- Work for a large listed corporate organisation who offer both local & global career opportunities
- On offer is a highly attractive package that will be tailored to attract the best qualified candidates in the market
- Key leadership team in NZ and will have a strategic input into the day to day running of the division
- A unique business model that delivers best in class financial & customer outcomes
- A non-hierarchial business & leadership culture that will see you achieve your fullest potential
- Fresh, modern working environment that highly values people & personal development
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Ben Maurer on +61 2 8024 7188 for a confidential discussion.
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.
Due to anticipated demand, only suitably qualified candidates will be contacted.