About the company
This industrial products business form part of a successful division of a top 50 ASX listed diverse organisation. With an inner CBD Head Office and brands that are famous within the oil & gas, manufacturing and construction trade, they are clear market leaders and bucking the trend in terms of service and innovation.
About the role
Reporting to the General Manager of the wholesale channel business, this critical leadership role will see the successful candidate take full control and responsibility for the National Sales team across the key client portfolio which is a mix of SME and corporate organisations at a national level.
- Primary purpose is to develop, own and lead the wholesale category and to drive sales and profitability for these channels
- Lead, manage, coach and develop the existing experienced sales team
- Develop a best practice sales methodology to strive for best practice sales excellence
- Analise the current product portfolio and brands the organisation represents in the market to make sure they are aligned to the current business climate and target markets
- Win the hearts and minds of the of the team, clearly articulate the vision and drive a positive high performing sales culture
- Conduct business reviews, project manage new product launches.
- Be responsible for sales pipeline, forecasting and margin control
- Build deep strategic relationships at multiple levels within the client portfolio
- Work internally with the heads of service and distribution to provide a seamless customer experience
Skills & Experience
- The successful candidate will be a seasoned Executive Sales Leader with a track record of building and managing high performing sales teams at a national level
- Candidates who have managed sales teams that sell products across the independent and distribution space will be high regarded
- Industry experience coming from selling products across both SME and corporate channels to market
- Preference will be given to candidates who are degree qualified
- Have managed sales teams of 20+
- A hands-on leader who can switch between strategic and tactical activities with ease
- Strong business acumen with an understanding of basic marketing principles
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Overall be a highly engaging leader who drives results, makes quality driven decisions, manages through complexity and cultivates innovation
This well-established growing corporate organisation has a culture built on innovation, collaboration and free thinking, this is a highly supportive business with a real strong team environment and family feel
- Work with a highly engaged leadership team
- Very supportive GM who is at the heart of the business
- Executive level package on offer which will be tailored to attract the best candidate in the market
- This role forms part of the executive leadership team and will have a strategic input into the day to day running of the business
- Fresh, modern working environment
- Represent leading brands that are famous across the oil & gas, construction and industrial trade
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Terence Craig on (03) 8613
3561 for a confidential career discussion quoting reference number TC18965.
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the exclusive recruitment partner on this assignment.