About the Company
Our client is a blue chip, global organisation widely recognised as a leader in many of the sectors they service. They have a large local manufacturing footprint and currently require an experienced logistics professional for a key division located in Melbourne's South Eastern suburbs.
About the Role
Reporting to the Director of Operations & Supply Chain, the National Warehouse & Distribution Manager is responsible for leading and managing the performance of a number of distribution facilities across the nation in addition to an outsourced national transport function, driving cost reductions and improving customer service levels. In this high-profile leadership role, your key accountability will also include:
- Working collaboratively with 3PL partners to ensure that service levels, inventory targets and cost reductions are optimised.
- Ensuring that the warehouse operations network is aligned to broader business strategies around safety, service and cost reduction.
- Management of a large operational budget encompassing labour, transport and additional OPEX
- Driving new supply chain process improvement initiatives, and systems opportunities.
- Ensuring that the broader S&OP process is supported by a sound logistics function.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will be a logistics professional with a demonstrated track record of success in either the chemical, consumer goods manufacturing or 3PL industries. You will have had experience overseeing a multi-site distribution network, driving cost reductions and improving customer service levels. Ideally tertiary qualified in a relevant field, you will also possess first class interpersonal and demonstrated influencing abilities.
- High profile leadership role & fantastic career growth opportunity
- South Eastern suburbs location
- Attractive six figure salary package