About the business
With a huge international footprint and market leading brands across a number of categories this organisation is quite unique for a Sydney based FMCG business. Our client is one of Australia's leading food companies, operating in more than 50 countries.
Offering excellent flexibility, modern CBD based office and extensive training and development, partnered with a high performing culture and highbred FMCG mentorship. A rare opportunity has now become available for a talented marketer with experience in product development, to be a project lead from their Sydney HQ to the globe.
About the role
As part of the core-portfolio marketing team, carrying a significant share of the business and critical for growth ambitions. This Assistant Brand & NPD Manager will report into a Sydney based Senior Brand Manager and support the in-market teams to assist with project management, coordination, and communication across the globe. You will be in a business-critical role providing key operational connection between markets and Sydney to project manage initiatives, new product development & innovation. One week a month you will be engaged in coordinating the NPD stage gate process for the business, exposing you to different brands, international markets, and consumer behaviours.
Due to the broad breadth and excitement of this role, we are looking for a talented marketer with 'something else' on their resume…. This experience might be an NPD or Innovation position, or prior experience in a rotation program. The ideal candidate will be proud of the experience they have picked up along the way and enjoy doing something out of the 'norm'! You will have a traditional or tertiary marketing foundation but have solid experience of the NPD or innovation journey. You will be a people person, with a natural flair communicating and project leading tasks with a variety of people at different levels. This role like the regions, is diverse and requires an understanding of working with overseas cultures
- Work closely with Global Marketing & Domestic teams to execute local plans
- Coordinate & communicate business initiatives and marketing activities
- Execute NPD gate process across the globe
- Manage communications and decision making for a variety of marketing projects across high profile stakeholders for the largest portfolio
Skills & Experience
- Ideally 3+ FMCG Marketing experience AND Project Management or NPD Management.
- Proven success executing product development through a stage gate process
- Experience in coordinating & communicating a broad variety of marketing projects.
- Strong communication, coordinating and presentation skills to people of varying levels
- Excellent innovation and project management skills
- Commercial mindset with good operational understanding
- Experience working in other regions outside of Australia, ideally in the Middle East or APAC is highly regarded
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business or Commerce
How to apply
To apply, click on the APPLY button below or contact Donna Tutte on LinkedIn to discuss further; https://www.linkedin.com/in/donna-tutte-5872a78b/