About the company
Our client is ambitious in its goals and what it seeks to achieve for Australians. As a new not-for-profit, they've done significant groundwork over the last 2 years. Meeting with over 80 organisations to determine its purpose, vision and strategy in reducing prejudice, it is poised for an evocative launch campaign to kick things off in 2018-2019.
The goal: to build a social movement backed by behaviour change, creating a more diverse, accepting and inclusive society.
About the role
As a Non-Executive Director and head of the Board's Finance Committee, we are seeking someone with an executive career as a CFO.
- Charting the direction, strategies and financial objectives and monitoring the implementation of those strategies and financial objectives;
- Monitoring compliance with regulatory requirements, ethical standards and external commitments, and the implementation of related policies, and being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO
- Approving the annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by regularly measuring performance and effectiveness using those metrics
- Liaising with key stakeholders, acting as an ambassador for the organisation
- Attending monthly board meetings
Skills & Experience
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about raising the standards in Australia concerning prejudice, diversity and inclusion. You will have achieved:
- Leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector.
- An executive career as a CFO, Finance Director or Chartered Accountant, ideally followed by experience as a Non-Executive Director
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of Australians
- AICD membership
If this sounds like you, I'd love to hear from you. Please press Apply and get in touch today.