About the organisation
This organisation is a newly formed Not for Profit (with an existing board of 5 including Chair) who are dedicated to driving social change across Australian society. A non-partisan thought leader that is independent and evidence based, this organisation has already received massive support at a corporate, government and individual level due to its ability to enhance economic and social outcomes for Australia. With an advisory and working board that has high profile support, the organisation has the ability to harness the collective power and wisdom of the individual, corporate, not for profit and government initiatives already underway in our community - as a means of amplifying and enabling greater social impact.
About the role
There are two NED positions available on the Working Board:
- Fundraising focus
- Government Relations focus
- Playing a key 'working role' on the board (1-2 hours per week commitment plus board meetings etc) across the prescribed specialisation (Fundraising or Government relations)
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO as the organisation journeys through growth
- Charting the direction, strategies and financial objectives and monitoring the implementation of those strategies and financial objectives;
- Monitoring compliance with regulatory requirements, ethical standards and external commitments, and the implementation of related policies, and being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Approving the annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by regularly measuring performance and effectiveness using those metrics
- Liaising with key stakeholders, acting as an ambassador for the organisation
- Attending monthly board meetings
Skills & Experience
- Government focused NED role: Bi-partisan and experienced NED who can navigate through federal government and bring insight and knowledge to the board
- Fundraising focussed NED role: An experienced NFP NED who along with all elements of governanccen and acting as a high performing board member, can help open doors and support the CEO from a fundraising perspective.
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of Australians
- Experienced in business, government, philanthropy or the not for profit sector
Service on this Board is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel and accommodation and other cots in relation to board member duties.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Nick Hindhaugh on 03 8613 3522. Thank you