About the Company
With headquarters based out of Europe, our client is a multinational conglomerate who have experienced exponential growth through acquisition over recent years. They are a major player within the bakery category in Europe and the UK and have also experienced success globally other regions such as Australia. The business has recently acquired an Australian food business and are looking to leverage off the local manufacturing and distribution capability to drive business growth within the Australian region. As the business goes through transition, they are looking to build their marketing team which has created an exciting opportunity for an experienced NPD and Innovation Manager to join the team.
About the Role
The NPD Manager will support the Marketing Manager to facilitate business and overall category growth across both retail and food service channels. The role will have full ownership of the NPD process, from ideation through to commercialisation whilst also implementing processes in line with global standards.
- Convert category insights and growth opportunities into an innovation pipeline as well as renovation of products e.g. format, line, packaging.
- Manage the product lifecycle for the existing portfolio to achieve an efficient range that meets the business' objectives, including range rationalisation.
- Manage the NPD process via stage gate, ensuring margins and COGs are met.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (R&D, manufacturing, procurement) to deliver business objectives including working with local and global manufacturing facilities.
- Support the Category Product Manager on other ad hoc requests.
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications within a relevant discipline including Business, Marketing or Food Technology.
- Prior experience within an NPD or Innovation role within a food business, working with both in house and outsourced manufacturing.
- Strong understanding of the local retail landscape and private label manufacturing.
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Jenna Blackbeard on (03) 8613 3536 for a confidential discussion. If this role doesn't sound quite right for you but you are open to hearing about new opportunities in Marketing feel free to get in touch or jump on to the website and sign up for our job alerts!