About the company
Our client is an Australian family-owned business that is made up two business units with Innovation and NPD being a key platform for their growth strategy. With a clear process & structure and the investment in future success through the delivery of innovation to market, this business operates with agility that is not always seen in larger organisations.
As the NPD & Innovation Project Coordinator you will lead NPD, product, and packaging optimization projects for multiple channels across multiple categories. You will be responsible for ensuring projects are delivered on time and to budget, engaging the cross functional teams and mitigating risk where possible. You will work closely with stakeholders across the business including Sales, Marketing, Finance, Operations and Manufacturing.
You will be commercially minded in your approach and pride yourself on your exceptional project management and problem-solving skills. You will have strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities. You will have strong stakeholder management, engagement and influence skills with the ability to communicate effectively cross functionally and at all levels. You will have a proactive nature with the ability to work well autonomously and make key decision.
About the role
As the NPD & Innovation Project Coordinator you will report into the Innovation Manager and will operate in a collaborative team environment that identifies and responds to opportunities for business growth and facilities the commercialization of NPD opportunities across multiple channels. You will have an excellent understanding of the stage / gate process, along with consumer insights and how it may translate into market opportunities.
- Manage NPD from ideation through the execution
- Ensure that all NPD projects remain on track and to budget
- Operate within a stage / gate process
- Work across multiple categories
- Manager and prepare internal and external presentations
- Manage existing product and packaging variations
- COG's / margin management and cost optimization
- Conduct port analysis on NPD launch plan
- Be the custodian of all innovation & NPD project
- Assess commercial availability of NPD projects and make recommendations
Skills & Experience
- Relevant Tertiary business qualifications in Marketing or Commerce etc.
- Experience in a similar industry e.g.: you have worked as a Project Manager, PMO, NPD Manager, Product Manager or Product specialist within the FMCG or Consumer Goods.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, and the ability to confidently present to senior leadership.
- Ability to influence at all levels.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Proactive, high attention to detail and solution orientate.
- Demonstrated strengths in strategy development from multiple sources both internal and external, possessing excellent business acumen.
- Strong MS Office skills (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Maya Wettenhall 8613 3510.