About the company
Our client is an iconic FMCG business who are one of Australia's largest manufacturers, proudly producing award winning products for over a century for both the retail and food service markets. Despite growing to become a market leading brand, they remain proud of their strong Australian heritage, focus on quality and family-values driven culture. In order to maintain their market leading position, there is strong support from the business for white space innovation and investment in production capability or source partners to support in driving future growth.
About the role
Reporting to the Category Manager, the NPD Product Manager will work closely with clients across both Food Service and major brands across the QSR space, leading joint innovation. The role has a 60/40 split between developing blue sky innovation, based on a through understanding of market trends and future needs and a 40% focus on supporting existing customers to overcome barriers and meet their needs. You will also work closely with the Retail Innovation teams, to develop cross channel plans also, ensuring the projects you are working across have cross channel benefit.
- Work with data and research to source insights to develop innovation plans and pipeline
- Lead collaborative cross functional project teams and customers to develop and execute joint innovation plans
- Create packaging, POS and communications material to support NPD launches and work closely with sales to develop effective go to market plans to support launches
- Manage NPD budget
Skills & Experience
- Prior experience within product development / NPD / Innovation within the FMCG / Foodservice / QSR space
- Exceptional project management skills with experience working via stage gate (or similar)
- Exceptional communication, presentation and influence skills with the ability to communicate cross functionally and at all levels of the business
- Well developed organisation and time management with the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities
- Competency with IRI / Aztec (or similar), BW and Microsoft Office Suite
You will be a strategically minded, commercial and insights driven individual with a customer centric approach and proactive nature. You will be passionate about working alongside customers to lead innovation and product development to drive results. You will be comfortable working with insights to develop recommendations thanks to your well-developed analytical skills. You will enjoy thinking outside of the square, with a future focused nature and will be a natural problem solver with strong initiative.
You will be a natural leader, who is comfortable working autonomously as well as within a collaborative and cross functional team environment. You will pride yourself on your ability to build strong working relationships, negotiate with and influence internal and external stakeholders. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and vibrant team, as well as building your skills and experience in a commercial setting.
This is an innovative, people focused organisation that takes career progression seriously and the successful candidate will have the guidance and mentorship of high calibre professionals to assist them in managing their career aspirations. People love working at this business due to the fantastic work culture as well as being proud of the brand and the collaborative team environment which fosters open, two-way communication and personal development.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Natalie Rogers on (03) 8613 3577 for a confidential discussion. If this role doesn't sound quite right for you but you are open to hearing about new opportunities in Marketing, Sales, Category or Digital feel free to get in touch or jump on to the website and sign up for our job alerts!