About the Company
Our client is a global FMCG business that produces high quality products across a suite of household name brands. The business is going from strength to strength which is reflected in their strong investment in the future success through the delivery of new innovation to market as well as investing in their people and culture.
About the role
As the NPD Project Manager you will lead NPD, product and packaging optimisation projects for multiple channels working across multiple categories and manufacturing sites. You will be responsible for ensuring projects are delivered on time and to budget, engaging the project team and mitigating risk where possible. You will be the gate keeper of 20+ projects at any one time and will work closely with key stakeholders across the business such as Sales, Marketing, Finance, R&D and legal.
Skills & Experience
- Planning, overseeing and leading projects from ideation through to completion (this may include; dealing with R&D in formulation development through to packaging , artwork and recommended GTM strategy)
- Convert category insights and growth opportunities into an innovation pipeline as well as renovation of products e.g. format, line, packaging
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Track project performance, identify risks to delivery and generating solutions to overcome
- Ensure all key business stakeholders are updated and aligned on projects (sales, marketing, R&D, manufacturing, legal etc)
- Able to provide insight and quickly identify a way forward when presented with issues
- Proven experience in identifying and deploying process improvements (where necessary)
- Demonstrated resilience and ability to quickly engage with change
- strong communication skills including confidence with power point for written communication - it will be important for the candidate to support the Head of Innovation with presentations for the executive team and board as well as good note keeping and project management comms
You will be commercially minded in your approach and pride yourself on your exceptional project management, problem solving and organisation skills. You will have strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities. You will have strong stakeholder management, engagement and influence skills with the ability to communicate effectively cross functionally and at all levels. You will have a proactive nature with the ability to work well autonomously as well as within a cross functional and collaborative team environment.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Maya Wettenhall on (03) 8613 3577 for a confidential discussion.