About the company
Our client is an iconic FMCG business who are one of Australia's largest manufacturers, proudly producing award winning products for over a century for both the retail and food service markets. They hold market leading positioning and remain proud of their strong Australian heritage, as well as their focus on quality and family-values driven culture. In order to maintain their market leading position, there is strong support from the business for NPD and innovation and investment in production capability to support in driving future growth. Due to an internal promotion there has been an opportunity to join the team in a 12 month contract role with an ASAP start.
About the role
The NPD Project Manager will work within the centralised project commercialisation team, partnering closely with stakeholders including Marketing, Procurement and Manufacturing, leading NPD and innovation projects for both food service and retail channels, owning the stage gate process and setting up timelines to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and scope.
Please note: A four day per week option would be available to the right candidate, however weekly travel to the regionally based manufacturing facility will be required as part of this role.
- Development of project plans and timelines, coordinating and ensuring projects are delivered on-time to sound execution
- Assisting in the development of scope and coordination of resources to deliver successfully
- Meeting budgets and leading collaborative cross functional project teams and customers to develop and execute joint innovation plans
- Leading project meetings and ensureing all key internal and external stakeholders are informed and aware of key projects.
- Analysis and reporting on project performance
Skills & Experience
- Prior experience within product development / NPD / Innovation within the FMCG / Foodservice space
- Exceptional project management skills with experience working via stage gate
- Exceptional communication, stakeholder management, presentation and influence skills with the ability to communicate cross functionally and at all levels of the business
- Well developed organisation, project and time management with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities within a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and a solution first nature
- Strong adaptability to change and resilience
You will be an exceptional project manager with a detail oriented nature who enjoys working closley with cross functional stakeholders leveraging your ability to partner with them to overcome potential roadblocks. You will have well-developed analytical skills and consider yourself a natural problem solver with strong initiative and proactive approach.
You will be someone who is comfortable working autonomously as well as within a collaborative and cross functional team environment, understanding how to best engage stakeholder from across the business in order to deliver projects on time and to budget, with the ability to build strong working relationships, negotiate with and influence.
This a great opportunity to join a dynamic and vibrant team, as well as building your skills and experience in a commercial setting. This is an innovative, people focused organisation that takes career progression seriously and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work alongside high calibre professionals to assist them in their development. People love to work for this business thanks to the fantastic work culture as well as being proud of the brand and the collaborative team environment which fosters open, two-way communication and personal development.
The organisation is operating with a hybrid working model with a combination of office based and WFH arrangements in place, however please note that there will be weekly attendance at the regionally based manufacturing plant.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Natalie Rogers on (03) 8613 3577 for a confidential discussion. If this role doesn't sound quite right for you but you are open to hearing about new opportunities in Marketing, Retail, Sales or Category feel free to get in touch or jump on to the website and sign up for our job alerts!