- Tier 1 Building Products Wholesaler, well regarded brand
- Channel complexity, Commercial Sales Leadership role
- Build sales capability & create high performance culture
About the company
This Australian owned building products wholesaler has a footprint on the Eastern Seaboard primarily service the residential builder market and are one of the largest importers in their category with annual turnover circa $140M, NSW revenue in excess of A$40M. The business has complex channels to market, it's value chain including builders, trades, large national merchants and other stakeholders however with a relatively new sales team need a commercially savvy NSW Sales Manager to take the business to the next level in terms of customer focused sales capability.
About the role
Reporting directly to the COO, the NSW Sales Manager will be responsible for personally developing key customer relationships whilst overseeing the sales team and through a combination of structured coaching and in-field mentoring, develop their sales capability with a remit for improving both top and bottom line performance. Managing channel complexity, implementing effective pricing strategy, aligning the offering throughout the value chain, analysing sales data and identifying emerging markets and trends will be part of the role, all of which will be underpinned by a strong understanding of the residential builder market and proven experience building high performance sales teams in a similarly complex operating environment.
Skills & Experience
To be consider for this role, which has career development potential, you will demonstrate:
- Highly developed commercial / financial acumen, including pricing, analytics & strategy
- A hands-on leadership style that enjoys being customer facing
- Experience in a complex channel / value chain environment
- An absolute focus on the customer (including distributors, builders & trades)
- Strong stakeholder management skills (eg operations, supply chain)
- MUST have experience in a sales leadership role within the building materials market
- Proven ability building sales capability and exceeding sales & margin targets
- Highly organised, complex problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, ability to engage at high levels
- Keen to develop your career with a market leader
This is a family style culture where people care for each other, are committed to safety excellence and putting the customer at the centre of everything they do.
- Career pathway
- A competitive salary package
- A remit to be entrepreneurial
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Ben Maurer on 02 8024 7188 for a confidential discussion, only candidates with the relevant experience will be contacted.
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.