About the company
This global organisation is widely regarded as a leader in servicing the food, beverage and dairy sectors. With multiple production testing facilities across the Australian region, they are seeking to add a senior operations leader to their executive team. Providing a broad range of offerings and with strong business growth plans, this opportunity has significant scope for growth into the future.
About the role
Reporting to the Country Director, the National Operations Director will lead the operational activities of the production testing facilities to ensure complying, profitable and successful operations. Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop strategy for production testing operations, in line with business objectives;
- Standardise and validate production testing policies, procedures and processes, to ensure safety, quality and technical competency are adhered to;
- Manage and lead operational personal, through the management team to ensure appropriate, hiring, training and development, performance management and disciplinary actions;
- Develop and drive a continuous improvement culture within the organisation;
- Build and maintain strong customer and regulatory relationships;
- Ensure costs/budgets for production testing facilities are managed appropriately, including maintenance and capital investment requirements of equipment;
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have extensive experience in the food, beverage, dairy or related industries and possess and strong understanding of and track record in operations leadership roles. Ideally qualified in science, food technology or similar, you will possess sound problem solving skills and have the ability to make judgement calls about the technical aspects of the business as required. Your leadership experience will include an ability to initiate and lead change through engagement of staff and implementation of training and development. Additionally you will drive a culture of continuous improvement and ensure that processes are efficient, standardise and adhered to by all staff.
This opportunity presents a talented individual with a multi site operational leadership role in a business that services the food, beverage and dairy sector with specialist offerings. Candidates with a career in the food manufacturing industry but are looking for something slightly different are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Dale Young on (03) 8613 3503 for a confidential discussion quoting reference number DY15248.