Our client is an iconic Melbourne cultural institution which exists to educate and commemorate Australians on historical events. With an appeal to all audiences including school age through to retirement, their focus is to ensure history is not lost for future generations. With a dedicated group of staff to manage, there is an opportunity for an Operations Manager to drive business efficiencies through strong corporate services. This is a rare opportunity to make your mark.
Reporting to the CEO, the Operations Manager will be responsible for leading finance and operations, administration processes, strategy development and volunteer management. With 6 direct reports, the role acts as a 2IC to the CEO and requires someone in the first instance to do an organisational review to identify more efficient ways of working as a group. It also has the opportunity to contribute to the new 30 year strategic plan, and the upskilling of staff and improvement of communications both internally and externally. There will also be a relocation project to manage in 2019.
Skills and experience
To be the successful applicant, you will have:
- Proven team leadership experience across multiple disciplines
- A track record in identifying process and systems improvements and implementation
- The ability to create solid strategies from vision to delivery
- Experience leading organisational reviews
- A solid understanding of fundraising/marketing/communications and events
- Understanding of volunteer management
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in the Non Profit or Community or Arts sector is highly desirable
Please click the Apply Now button, or for a confidential conversation, please call Lyndsey Walker on 8613 3518.
Six Degrees are the retained partner for this assignment. Any applications directly received will be forward to Six Degrees.