About the company
Our client is a global leader in the FMCG sector with multiple manufacturing locations throughout Australia. They produce a broad range of consumer food and drink products, and are seeking to recruit an Operations Manager for one of their sites in Sydney.
About the role
Reporting to the Divisional General Manager you will be responsible for leading all manufacturing activities through this highly automated facility. Leading a small team of front-line leaders and operators, you will ensure that production targets are met daily.
- Effectively manage and direct the operation of all manufacturing production, processing and maintenance.
- Leadership of LEAN methodologies.
- Drive plant efficiency, production performance to meet business targets (Volume targets & OEE).
- Provide coaching and oversee the training and skills development of the team.
- Oversight of all planning and financial performance of the operation.
- Continuously striving for operational excellence and taking a hands-on approach to identifying and rolling out improvement initiatives.
This is a key leadership within a business-critical site for the organisation. Our client is looking for a dynamic, hands on leader with a passion for operational excellence.
Skills & Experience:
- Tertiary qualification preferably gained in an Engineering discipline.
- Demonstrated experience within the FMCG sector.
- Excellent experience in delivering LEAN methodologies.
- Previous experience within a fast-paced, highly automated environment.
- EBA experience would be ideal.
This role would suit an operations leader who's seeking to join a global business, with excellent opportunities to progress throughout other locations in Australia. The role would also suit a high performing Manufacturing Manager, who is seeking to step up into an end to end site leadership role.
For a confidential discussion call Stephen Montague on 02 8024 7144 or apply via the appropriate link.