The Operations Manager is a key senior management role within a leading and growing FMCG business who will be instrumental in leading the company through a period of rapid scale-up and growth. You will be responsible across all areas of operations within business including production, product/ menu planning, procurement, catering/event management, maintenance, budgeting and forecasting. You will lead the establishment and implementation of key processes & continuous improvement practices across all those areas within operations keeping pace with a changing environment.
As the Operations Manager you are efficient in getting tasks completed and able to effectively engage across all levels cross functionally. You have the ability to think strategically and make smart business decisions. You are an enabler of growth and cost efficiency. You have a technical understanding of basic mechanical engineering and equipment onsite. The right candidate will demonstrate a proven track record at the operations management level in leading teams and delivering results across all areas within operations.
Strategy & Development
- Introduction & implementation of automation processors onsite.
- Lead the creation and implementation of best practice operations vision, strategies, processes, policies & procedures to improve overall operations performance. Including improving and implementing key new systems including ERP.
- Create a fluid workflow across the site.
- Develop, lead and implement a clear structured transition plan to the new site.
- Identify business improvement opportunities for the organisation.
- Manage all areas of plant production to deliver products that meet the quality, cost, volume and service criteria.
- Comply with both HACCP and SQF standards for production.
- Develop and implement plans to ensure accurate level volume of production for each product produced.
- Delivery of the plant production plan within budget.
- Set and ensure all production targets are met.
- Responsible for the leading & planning of procurement and sourcing activities of ingredients for production with a strong understanding of ingredients at a seasonal level.
- Responsible for food safety throughout facility and of suppliers abiding to HACCP and SQF regulations.
- Lead the planning of menu and selected products for market across both divisions within the business.
- Plan for key catering events and manage the logistics services for those key clients.
- Responsible for planning and delivery of budget allocation.
- Responsible for managing and planning contractors to support with engineering services onsite.
- Coordinate facility maintenance activities, oversee contractors and assist with building works.
- Add capability to the senior management team influencing and providing direction across operations and manufacturing.
- Lead the two manufacturing divisions. Responsibility for one head of department for each division.
- Work collaboratively with both NPD departments to achieve optimal results for the business.
- Set department objectives and KPIs and review ongoing performance of team.
- Lead in a proactive way to achieve optimal results across the site with the ability to engage across all levels onsite.
- Be a key voice to the broader organisation demonstrating understanding of the business, people and challenges through effective communication and distribution of key information.
Financial & Budget Control
- Plan and prepare all operations budget and forecasts. Responsible for achieving budget and forecast.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to management.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience in similar leadership roles in Food manufacturing or Food service industries
- Experience in fast growth privately owned businesses
- Strong HACCP and SQF understanding and implementation experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as an Operations or Production Manager.
- Proactive leader with the ability to achieve results quickly and influence the team.
- Ability to think strategically & innovatively across operations.
- Basic understanding of equipment and mechanical engineering knowledge.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact David Oliver on 0410 950 370 or for a confidential discussion.