About the company
Our client is a local FMCG manufacturing success story that is growing from strength to strength. With strong domestic and international revenue streams, they are leveraging e-commerce, as well as traditional retail distribution to ensure they exceed their strong growth projections for the 2019/2020 financial year. Over 20 years old, our client story is embarking on a significant period of transformation in order to take advantage of this changing landscape.
About the role
A short term contract opportunity has arisen for the position of Operations Manager. This role will be responsible for production, as well as distribution of product, leading a small team of up to 20 staff. Some of your key responsibilities will include the below:
- Ensure everyone is performing across people, safety, and operational metrics
- Drive S&OP best practice from the executive level down, working with stakeholders across the business
- Identity and drive best practice across the distribution network (including ecommerce, retailers and export agents)
- Identify and develop key team members to build their capability
- Ensuring adherence to the communication plan to manage change and drive engagement
- Increase productivity and staff engagement, particularly targeting technological capabilities and where they can be applied to the business
Skills & Experience
The successful applicant will possess the below skills and experience:
- Demonstrated success in developing and leading high performing teams
- Experience working in a fast paced and high volume manufacturing and distribution environment
- Safety first mindset
- Strong exposure to S&OP best practice
- Supply Chain end to end network experience, including 3PL management, ecommerce, retail distributors and export agents
- Strong financial and budget management
- Ability to work hands on in day to day operations while also leading at a strategic level
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a local manufacturing success story. You will be given scope to improve performance across functions, renumerated handsomely, and the opportunity to work under a dynamic and highly successful leadership team.
How to apply
Please apply on the link below or call Dan Pirrone (07) 3153 9907 to discuss the role in more detail.