An exciting opportunity to lead the operations team onsite in the western suburbs driving improvement activities and initiatives cross functionally. Play a lead role in driving best practice from a safety & production efficiency perspective.
As the Operations Manager you have the ability to think strategically and make smart business decisions while also leading the day to day operations of the site. You are an enabler of growth and cost efficiency with a strong focus on safety.
- Drive change management strategies leading to best practice manufacturing processes including identification and leading of improvement initiatives across the sites.
- Responsible for the day to day manufacturing of the facility while identifying process improvements and driving efficiencies. Opportunity to drive CI from them ground up.
- Fully responsible for up to 80 people onsite. Direct reports include; 4 x Site Managers' , Warehouse Manager, Purchasing Manager & Engineering Manager.
- Responsible for delivering operations strategies and business plans
- Budgeting and evaluating operational costs and overheard to ensure maximum efficiency and profitability.
- Budgeting and evaluating capital expenditure cost.
- Ensure a customer focussed culture is maintained by implementing and managing initiatives that ensures customer satisfaction.
- Improve engagement and culture through leadership training and being a good mentor to production teams.
- Use tools to ensure regular reporting, measuring and control of resources, production performance and cost.
- Lead the operational aspects of the ERP implementation programme.
- Direct or coordinate the development of projects that cover all upstream and downstream Supply Chain areas to deliver improvements in processes, systems (ERP implementation), cost, efficiency, customer service and supplier performance.
- Lead the selection and commissioning of new plant and equipment.
- Develop a 5 year site master plan.
Who will you work for?
- A rapidly growing Australian chemical manufacturing, supply chain and logistics business who have recently launched on the ASX.
- Become part of a business that work collaboratively towards a shared vision.
What will you need to be successful?
- Experience in similar leadership roles in Chemical or related industries
- Significant experience working with highly hazardous chemicals is essential.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or related discipline
- Experience at the Operations or Site Management level.
- Experience or exposure in the introduction of an ERP system
- Proactive leader with the ability to achieve results quickly and influence the team.
- Ability to think strategically & innovatively across operations.
If you think this opportunity sounds right for you, click APPLY NOW to send your application or contact David Oliver on for a confidential discussion.